Email - Giving Notice of Intended Marriage (Hong Kong)

Aus Philwiki
Wechseln zu: Navigation, Suche

Dies ist eine typische Antwort des Marriage Registration & Records Office zu einem Notice of Intended Marriage (Stand Februar 2015). Der Inhalt kann im Einzelfall abweichen und ist daher individuell zu befolgen.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

The procedures for giving a notice of intended marriage from places outside Hong Kong are detailed in the paragraphs below. A set of forms is attached with this email. Please be reminded that at least one of the groom and the bride has to sign on Page 1 of the forms (Notice of Intended Marriage), and take it to a notary public to notarize this page.

Please be reminded to enclose a copy of both of your passports/ Hong Kong Identity Card. If you have friends or relatives in Hong Kong, you can send them the documents, and ask them to bring them to our Marriage Registration and Records Office (3/F, Low Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong) during office hours and pay cash of HK$305 instead of the bank draft. Otherwise, please enclose a bank draft of HK$305 or US$53.

If you and/or your fiancé/fiancée are a divorced person, you have to submit the certified copy of the final decree of divorce pronounced by a competent court. If you have the original final divorce decree, you can submit the photocopy of it to us first when you send us the forms by airmail, and bring the original with you when you come to Hong Kong.

Giving of a Notice of Intended Marriage from Places Outside Hong Kong

Under the Marriage Ordinance of Hong Kong, one of the marrying parties to an intended marriage to be celebrated in Hong Kong is required to give a notice to the Registrar of Marriages in a prescribed form.  Upon receipt of the notice, the Registrar shall exhibit a copy at his office for a period of 15 days (excluding the day the notice is given and the day of a marriage).  At the end of this period but within 3 months from the date of notice-giving, the Registrar shall, upon request, issue a Registrar's certificate to enable the parties to solemnize their intended marriage at a licensed church or at the Registrar's office or at any other place in Hong Kong by a civil celebrant.  There is no residential requirement and the parties may be of any nationality.  You may visit the Immigration Department website at for the lists of Civil Celebrant of Marriages and licensed place of worship, i.e. church.

If you are in overseas and wish to celebrate your marriage in Hong Kong, please complete the enclosed Notice of Marriage and return it by air-mail to this office together with photocopies of travel documents from both parties and a bank draft of HK$305 made payable to 'The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region'. In case the bank draft is not prepared in Hong Kong dollars, exchanging of currency is required, thus a handling commission of HK$100 in addition to the fees payable for filing of Notice of Marriage has to be charged by the bank. Therefore, the bank draft should be prepared either in Hong Kong dollars (HK$305) or US dollars (US$53). Please note that we do not accept payment by credit card. The duly completed Notice of Marriage should be authenticated by a notary public.

Both of you and your fiance / fiancee are required to appear before the Deputy Registrar of Marriages in Hong Kong at least 3 working days before the date of marriage with your travel documents to be examined.   At the same time, one of you will have to make an affidavit stating that there is no impediment of kindred or alliance, no other lawful hindrance to the marriage and that parent's/parents' or legal guardian's consent is not required.

If either or both of you are below the age of 21 but over 16, not being a widower or widow, your either parent's consent is required for the marriage provided that there is a subsisting marriage between the parents, otherwise, lawful guardian's/guardians' consent is/are required for the marriage.  A certified copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate or order of custodial right from Court should be forwarded.  A consent form is enclosed for completion as appropriate.  Moreover, if either or both of you are serving in the Army or Navy, written consent to the marriage from the Commanding Officer has to be obtained beforehand.

In case of a divorced person, a decree absolute of divorce issued by a Court of Justice or a sealed, certified copy of this document has to be produced together with the Notice of Marriage.  If the divorce documents are not in Chinese or English, certified translations are required.  A "Statutory Declaration" enclosed have also to be filled and returned at the same time.  If you or your ex-spouse is not the national of the country where the divorce is granted, your proof of domicile in that particular country at the time of divorce is required. 

In case of widow / widower, a certified or sealed copy of the death certificate and marriage certificate should be forwarded together with the notice of marriage.

You may have preference about the date of marriage.  However, we cannot guarantee your preference can be entertained subject to the availability of marriage appointments. You may wish to provide us with several preferences of wedding dates, times and registries for our arrangement. Your marriage can take place 15 clear-day after successful banking of your bank draft given there is available time slot.

Please send your application and payment to:

Marriage Registration & Records Office
3/F. Low Block
Queensway Government Offices
66 Queensway
Hong Kong

The forms are attached for your completion as appropriate. If both of you are above the age of 21 and have never married before, you may complete the first 3 pages of the forms. The duly completed Notice of Marriage should be authenticated by a notary public in either country of where you/your fiancé resides.  You may consult the law firm in your country if such service is provided. 

Last of all, you may wish to know that marriage at the Registrar's Office is charged HK$715 during normal office hours and HK$1935 outside normal office hours. At the marriage ceremony, you will have to bring along two witnesses who are at least 18 years old with valid travel documents.

A reply will be sent to you upon the receipt of the Notice of Marriage. 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again.